Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude, Day 26

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Tonight I'm grateful that Brunswik just sat through an entire bath without freaking out and soaking Andy and I. This is the first time ever. Milton was another story, but at least one of them managed to behave himself.

I'm also extremely grateful for my incredible expanding stomach that is currently in preparation for the next few days of endless food. For as long as I can remember I've been eating at least 3 Thanksgiving meals, usually in one day, but this year I'm being spared and the feasting is being spread over two days. Our first Thanksgiving together Andy and I spent the day at three different grandmother's homes. We ate at the first two and then when we got to the last that night and I piled my plate high Andy looked at me like I had lost my mind. He just ate dessert and couldn't believe that I could fit that much food into my body, but it's tradition and I'm used to it. I think my body just knows what's going to happen this time every year so it just makes extra room. Andy has since become accustomed to my glutinous ways on Thanksgiving, and I can still eat him under the table. That is quite a feat.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your families and make sure you go ahead and have that extra piece of pie. It is Thanksgiving after all.