Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just a few notes

  • I know I said I'd post pictures of the snow we've been getting, but I had a slight problem producing said pictures. Once I finally got the time to get out and take them the sky had clouded over again and started to dump more snow on us so I couldn't really get a picture of anything pretty. I'll do better tomorrow.

  • I have some new snow boots that I got yesterday. They are 700 fill down and light as a feather. Basically I never want to take them off my feet. But I'm not used to my feet being warmer outside in the snow than they are inside in my socks. I've had cold feet all night, so I think I'm going to order the house slipper version.

  • Apparently I don't live in a snow state. I forget this as I grew up in the foothills and have lived in the mountains for most of my adult life where we see snow pretty regularly. The rest of North Carolina? Not so much. It snowed all over the state last night and today causing my fellow N. Carolinians who live in the flat lands to seize up. Seriously, I think most of the state stopped functioning. I mean, I know six inches is a considerable amount of snow, but it's nothing to be afraid of. At least, nothing for me to be afraid of. Thank God for four wheel drive right?

  • If your oven catches on fire, and it's electric, it's ok to pour water on the fire as long as the oven is turned off (more on that later).