Sunday, January 4, 2009

Awake!

I've already talked about how much I love fall. It's that special time of year that just really gets me going. But winter holds a special place in my year as well. It gives me such a feeling of newness. A sense of anticipation for things to come. Exciting things. I feel invigorated and refreshed. I think for many people this happens in spring time rather than in winter when everything is dead. But for me the start of a new year is really exciting. Whatever happened last year is gone. It's like in Anne of Green Gables when Anne says that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it. No mistakes yet.

We've just been given a blank slate to write on. I know that the past isn't really gone. It's always there to recall all the good or bad things that have happened, but now we have so much to look forward to. I'm brimming over with anticipation of what this year holds. I have a feeling that it's going to be extra special.