Saturday, January 31, 2009

A few sad things

The first sad thing:

Our friends Tyler and Megan have a bunny named Ginger. As a matter of fact it's their fault that we have any bunnies at all because they got theirs first and it was just so stinkin' cute I had to have one of my own.

Anywho, Tyler and Megan wanted to breed Ginger before they had her spayed. I'm not sure why and I didn't ask questions. We just supplied the stud in the form of Milton. There really wasn't a choice here as Brunswik has already been fixed. I didn't post about it here because it's kind of a delicate subject. I'll just say that on my end it was much funnier than passionate. Ginger body slammed Milton a few times in the process. I guess she just wanted to establish the rules before she gave up the goods.

Look at this face.
Why wouldn't you want more of
these running around?

Everything went according to plan and Ginger had reached her maximum number of gestation days this week. Tyler and Megan got concerned that she hadn't had bunnies, so they made an appointment to have her induced. How crazy is it that they can induce a bunny?

Andy called me tonight and told me that they have induced her and so far she has had two bunnies. Both of the bunnies are dead. Apparently, it's common for bunnies to have their first litter and for all the babies to die.

How freakin' sad is that? If all the bunnies die I might cry. I'll keep you updated.

The second sad thing:

I'm pretty sure my car is sending me a message. That message is: "Why don't you just let me die a quiet death and find another car to torment for the next 10 years?"

I've had my car since the spring of 1999. It's 18 years old. It has over 200,000 miles. And I think it's ready to retire.

Remember back when my alternator died? Well, ever since then there have been a slew of small problems. All things that were easily fixed and usually cost little to no money, but now the new alternator is having issues. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I know what your thinking; it's been less than two months since we put that sucker in. Return it and get a new one right? Well, yes, that does seem like the obvious fix, and Andy thinks that perhaps a wire is just loose.

I just can't help but think maybe there is something else going on under that hood besides a faulty alternator. The ole' Jeep just doesn't have the same pep in it's step anymore. It's been a long happy journey (pun intended) with my car, but I think it's about time to make a change. And that makes me really, really sad. I will definitely cry when I have to give it up. (It pains me to even type it now.) I'll probably be inconsolable for a while, and whatever car takes the place of my old jalopy will have to do some serious work to earn my respect and live up to it's predecessor.

For now though, my response to my car is this: "Just hang in there a little longer old friend. If I can ever find a full time job on this gosh forsaken mountain I'll do my best to let you die respectably and not go out in a blaze of glory."

The following is a video from a favorite Gilmore Girls episode. Ok, really all of them are my favorites. But this one is relevant because this is pretty much exactly how car shopping will go for Andy and I. I couldn't find the clip that I wanted by itself. The only relevant part starts at 2:12 and ends around 6:56, so you can fast forward if you want. Or if you just love Gilmore Girls as much as I do, go ahead and watch the whole thing. Also, you have my permission to go ahead and start feeling sorry for Andy.



The third sad thing:

Today Andy went to the coffee shop and got me a medium mocha latte. We were both working today, so I took a little break and went up to his office to drink my coffee.

Somehow, and don't ask me how because I'm still trying to figure it out, I spilled my coffee all over myself, and when I say all over I mean it; there was even coffee in my hair. And to answer your next question, yes it had a lid on it.

Thankfully we live about a quarter of a mile from the shop. I had to go home and change my entire outfit.

This is sad for two reasons. The first being that a lot of really good coffee was wasted today on my clothes. The second is that I am a grown woman who apparently can't have a morning cup-o-joe without soiling herself.

I didn't cry, and I won't, but I still think that's really sad.