Sunday, January 11, 2009

Delicious Disaster

When you make breakfast does it make a gigantic mess in your kitchen?

Andy and I love breakfast for any meal. We had brunch today and when he left (to go back to work of course) I stood in the middle of the kitchen and was in awe of everything I had to clean up. I do this every time we make breakfast. It doesn't matter what we make, there is always double the clean up compared to any other meal I make. Double the dishes, double the utensils, double (sometimes triple) the counter space to wipe down.

But somehow we keep coming back to this old stand by. Like I said, we love to eat breakfast. And today's meal was superb, if I do say so myself. Just the other day Andy was saying how he loves English muffins and how he'd like me to make them for him sometime. He wasn't making a demand, he just knows how I like to bake and I'm always up for a new challenge. Andy just takes advantage of this hobby of mine so that he can have his favorite eats without buying pre-packaged, preservative laden food.

Lo and behold, the next day Food Network aired an old Good Eats episode with an English muffin recipe. Wish granted.

I wouldn't exactly call this baking though. I guess to a degree it is because it included flour and yeast, but I cooked the muffins on an electric griddle. Either way they were delicious and well worth the natural disaster in my kitchen.

Here are some pictures of the finished product. Sorry they're a little blurry, my camera and I were having issues and I couldn't hold Andy back any longer. He wanted to eat.

Slather some of that butter on there and toast 'em up!
With sausage and egg and cheese (on Andy's)