Thursday, October 2, 2008

Band Aid

Today was the first day of freezing bedroom temperatures. You know the kind; when you're all cozy under the sheets but your nose feels like ice because the temperature on the other side of that cozy cotton barrier is about 10-15 degrees colder. It makes it damn near impossible to get out of bed. You can't do it slowly because as soon as you stick one little finger outside of the covers it's begging to come back in. The only way to get out of bed on days like this is to just throw the sheets off and go for it. Rip them off like a band aid.

I stayed in bed about an hour after I was actually awake because of this cold weather phenomenon. Finally I came to the conclusion that I had to just go for it. Mostly because Andy was also still in bed and clearly had no intention of getting up to go to work. The only way to lure him out was to get my own ass out of bed and have a nice steamy cup of coffee waiting for him. I offered to just rip the covers off for him before I got up and I was threatened with a titty twister, so I got up alone.

Once I was out of my cocoon it wasn't so unbearable. After all, the temperature outside was in the low 40's. That's nothing. I'll let you know what it's like once the temps get down to 20 and below.