Monday, October 20, 2008

Look out Emeril

I have a gift. In the kitchen. I'm a good cook. I'm a spectacular baker. Give me a recipe and I can replicate it with ease. However, my gift does not allow me to just throw things together. I need to be prepared or I'm at a loss. The dots just don't connect for me without a recipe to use as a guide.

Andy, on the other hand, is a culinary genius. He can take in the inventory of our fridge and pantry and instantly come up with a handful of meals to choose from. He did that today. I was out of ideas (read recipes), but we had plenty of stuff on hand (apparently). When Andy walked in the door he declared that we were going to have Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops; then he sprung into action, and whipped up some of the tastiest pork chops you've ever put in your mouth. I was in charge of side dishes so we had leftover mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Imaginative, no?

Making the coating in our Cuisinart
(thanks Aunt Lea!)Beat that egg honeyMy man in action;
he didn't even bother to take off his sunglassesAfter dinner Andy had to go back to work
for a late night sale.

I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies
with extra chips to welcome him home with later tonight