Monday, September 29, 2008

100 things about me

This is a few posts late. I'd planned on doing this for my 100th post, but instead I spewed about my love for teen flicks.

Whatever. Here is it anyway.

100. My body aches all over from my run yesterday

99. I'm wearing pajama bottoms with Thumper on them

98. I live in the same town where I went to college

97. My town only has one stop light

96. I was a Resident Assistant in college

95. Then I was an Assistant Resident Director

94. I was also president of the Residence Hall Association

93. I graduated college in 2005

92. That was 5 years after I graduated High School

91. Technically it was five and a half years after I graduated High School because I graduated early

90. I took a year off after High School because I was tired of school

89. That year really made me appreciate my education once I got it

88. I went to five proms

87. I had a different dress for each one

86. I have many vices, but the biggest one is chocolate

85. In particular peanut butter with chocolate on it

84. If you ever need to get me a present you can get me Reeses cups

83. I gained 20 pounds when my boyfriend and best friend went away to college

82. I only weighted about 100 pounds to start with so it wasn't that big of a deal

81. I love to bake

80. I also love kitchen products.

79. Williams Sonoma is one of my favorite stores

78. I drive a 91 Jeep Cherokee

77. It's the only car I've ever had

76. I paid for it myself

75. I'm never going to sell it

74. I have always wished my hair was a little bit darker

73. I don't color it

72. I will once I start to go gray

71. Then I think I'm going to go red

70. I have one brother

69. He is four and a half years older than me

68. I have two nephews and a niece; they all belong to him

67. I used to think I wanted four kids

66. Now I'm thinking one will be enough

65. I was a nanny in college

64. I would have a dozen kids if I could have them just like the ones I kept in college

63. I have two bunnies

62. They are named Brunswik and Milton

61. My grandfather was named Milton

60. But we didn't name the bunny after him.

59. I talk to my bunnies like they are human

58. I swear the understand me

57. I'm a scrapbooker

56. I own all seven seasons of The Gilmore Girls

55. I watch them regularly

54. After marathon days I start to talk like them

53. Andy tells me to be quiet a lot on those days

52. I think Amy Sherman-Palladino is a genius

51. Clueless is one of my favorite movies

50. I can recite the whole thing from start to finish, verbatim

49. Reality television drives me crazy

48. Especially the "Celebreality" shows on VH1

47. I'm hoping that one day television will just be about actors and news again; you know, people with actual talent

46. Andy and I have been together for eight and a half years

45. Our original wedding date was two days ago

44. We just celebrated our two year wedding anniversary

43. We met when we were 17

42. We worked together

41. We have always had matching Jeeps

40. I went to elementary school and middle school in the same building

39. My parents separated when I was 18 months old

38. My dad passed away when I was 18 years old

37. I have a scar on my left eyelid from a car accident I was in when I was eight

36. I wasn't wearing my seat belt

35. The surgeon who gave me stitches was color blind

34. That made me sad

33. I never had an alcoholic beverage until six months after my twenty first birthday

32. It was a Parrot Bay and Pineapple

31. I think the second one was an amaretto sour

30. I've never smoked a cigarette

29. The smoke from cigarettes gives me sinus infections

28. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday

27. My favorite color is purple

26. I've been picking out my clothes and dressing myself since I was 3

25. I went through a phase where all I would wear was purple

24. Now I only have three purple items in my closet

23. If eggs are overcooked I won't eat them

22. My mom, brother and I lived with my grandparents until my mom got remarried

21. I refused to move out of the only home I'd ever known

20. So I lived with them during the week and with my parents on weekends

19. I didn't have my own cell phone until I was 20

18. That was only because I went away to college

17. I don't mind doing laundry

16. But I hate folding it

15. I'm an introvert

14. Watermelon is my favorite fruit

13. But whenever I eat it I have to pee, a lot

12. I have thirteen first cousins

11. My extended family is huge

10. I know most of them by name

9. I have an elephant's memory

8. I graduated from college with a 3.6 GPA

7. That would have been a lot higher if my math teacher had known what the hell he was doing

6. I've never had a speeding ticket, yet

5. Esther is my favorite book in the bible

4. I had a pulled pork sandwich for lunch today

3. We get our mail at a post office box

2. I grew up in the birthplace of Lowes Home Improvement and Nascar racing

1. I love reading


If you made it all the way through that you deserve a treat. I almost didn't make it myself.