Thursday, November 19, 2009

"I'm over vampires"

Andy has had enough.

I, on the other hand, have not. I've had a thing for vampires since the first time I saw The Lost Boys. Swoon.

Unless you've been living under a rock lately you've noticed the recent surge of vampire mania in television and movies.

Last night when a commercial came on for New Moon Andy looked over at me (squealing and clapping in anticipation) and told me he was done. No more. He refuses to be my enabler any longer.

I have to say he's been really tolerant. Because I'm not just into the Twilight saga. Any movie, show or book about vampires will usually hold my attention - at least long enough for me to determine if it's worth my time. Any time at all is too long for Andy.

So I'm trying to get my fix on the sly. I watch what I can online. Books are easier because Andy doesn't read them with me. He can pretend they are about something else.

But I need a date to go see the movie. Who's in? I'm willing to wait a bit to avoid as much of the tween frenzy as possible.

In the meantime I'll just get my jollies from watching The Vampire Diaries online. (I also have a weakness for teen television dramas. Shut Up! I'll grow up when everyone else does!)

What's your guilty pleasure?