Monday, October 12, 2009

Oktoberfest

On Sunday, before the mad rush to get Andy ready for his trip, we drove up to the ski slope to attend their annual Oktober fest.

This is something I've always wanted to do, but Andy has always said he didn't want to go. So imagine my surprise when Saturday afternoon he asked if I'd like to go check it out the next day.

I think he is going to miss me or he wouldn't be so agreeable to something he's been avoiding for several years now.

So we went and dined on German food; knock wurst, sauerkraut, German potato salad and apple turnovers. I'm not sure that the turnovers were authentic, but they were yummy so who cares?

Of course they had beer on tap, but this festival is small and each year they only have one beer sponsor. Since Andy wasn't crazy about this year's brand we passed on the beer.

We took a little hike up the ski slope, toured the craft booths and then as we were heading over to the hay ride we ran into our friends Jessie and Thomas. So they joined us on the hayride before we all made our way home.

When all was said and done we had a nice time. I'd go again, but next time I'll wear different shoes.

Every year they make these two hay people
and put them on the main road

Photo opp on the way up the slope

Check out that foliage
The festival at the bottom of the slope
The Oom Pah band
Jessi and Thomas on the hayride