Monday, September 1, 2008

2 years

Thats how long Andy and I have been married as of tomorrow. Time flies. I've been reflecting a lot lately on my age and my life and I'm struggling with the concept that I'm a 26 year old married woman. Not that I don't love my husband and our life together, but sometimes it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that I'm an adult. Sometimes I feel like a teenager who is playing house. Any minute someone is going to bust into my house and say, "Ok! The jigg is up! You aren't old enough for this!"

Seriously. Where did the time go? Didn't I just celebrate my 20th birthday? No? That was six and a half years ago? Whatever you say chief...

We are still undecided about what to do to celebrate. I would just be happy to sit at home with some wine, some movie rentals and no cell phones. Right now that is my dream date. I don't care if that sounds boring. If, after two years of married and 8 years of being a couple, we aren't entitled to sit on the couch together and do nothing, please tell me when that time comes. How old do I have to be to be boring? That will give me something to look forward to.

Right now I'm thinking about what was happening two years ago at this time. I think it's right about the time I had my first real bridezilla moment. I was at my parents house with Andy and most of my bridesmaids and I was trying to get some last minute things accomplished, but no one was listening to me. They were all busy catching up with each other's lives. Which, don't get me wrong, I appreciate that we hadn't seen each other in a while. But hello! I was getting married in just over 24 hours and I needed some extra hands. I needed them to work while they talked. So I had a little fit and started handing out assignments like a drill sergeant. But I think everyone forgave me pretty quickly. As bridezillas go I wasn't as horrible as I think everyone had expected, so if that was the worst of it they would take it with a smile.

Afterwards we headed to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Honestly I think I enjoyed that day more than my actual wedding day. I did love my wedding and it was a wonderful time, but the day before seemed so much more relaxed. I could spend time with my closest family and friends without the pressure of promising my life to someone else forever.

It was truly a wonderful time and I still feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude to everyone who worked so hard to make those two days possible. No amount of thank yous can express how grateful I am to all those people. I won't start naming names because I'll forget someone. I think I'm one of the few people who would do it all over again and love every minute of it, again.

I'll leave you with a picture of us on our special day to help commemorate the countdown. Tune in tomorrow when I'll bombard you with pictures of us. Because I know you care so much.