Monday, August 11, 2008

It never lasts long enough

Coming off of another event filled weekend I feel like I need another weekend just to recover.

Friday evening Andy and I drove down and stayed with his parents (after going by the pet shop and finding the new bun). I was attending a crop* at their house that night and we were going to a wedding in the area the next day. So, instead of making two consecutive trips up and down the mountain, we just spent the night.

The crop was a lot of fun and I got a lot done. I started and finished our engagement album. I wasn't using a large book, but still, I never thought I'd get it done in one sitting. Go me!! I'm really pleased with how it turned out and it feels good to have some engagement pictures printed and off the computer after 2.5 years!

Saturday we went to a wedding. Andy's friend Brent got married to his girlfriend (of about 2 years I think) and the wedding was beautiful. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures. I forgot my camera for the ceremony, which is a real shame because we were right at the front and in a perfect spot for picture taking. Then we couldn't see them being introduced or dancing at the reception so no photo opps presented themselves. We also had to make a quick exit from the reception because Andy had plans that night and we still had to swing by and see my Aunt Lea before heading home. But congratulations to Brent and Megan! We are so happy for you!

Sunday was a lazy morning. Then I headed to town to get some bunny supplies and the actual bun. It was a madhouse at the pet shop and I was glad to get out of there and get Mabel home. We spent some time getting her settled and introducing her to Bruswik. He thinks she is the best thing in the world and it seems like all of his thoughts revolve around her. It's very sweet and it validated what I've been saying about getting him a friend. I know my boy and he was lonely. We spent some time cleaning up the apartment and then proceeded to make culinary miracles happen. I made the cinnamon rolls and Andy made strawberry jam. Yum! I need to make some biscuits to go with the jam, but that's going to have to wait until all those cinnamon rolls are gone.

I enjoyed our weekend, but I'm glad next weekend seems to be a little less eventful.

* A crop is a gathering for scrapbookers. We start at 6 have dinner and then work on our scrapbooks until midnight (or until you've had enough). It's really a lot of fun and makes scrapbooking more enjoyable because you have someone else to talk to.