Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend update

Friday I went to a crop at Kathie's house. I finished our guest book and started sorting pictures for the wedding album. It fells so good to finally have that started. It has been a long time coming. I also made desert for the night. I broke in my new citrus slice pan with my "lemon zinger" cake (Andy's name). It was a big hit!



Saturday we had our taxes done. Let's just say we're glad to not have to claim 1099 income after this year. I'm anxious to see how much $ we get from the Economic Stimulus Plan. After the tax pain we headed to Winston. My wedding band was supposed to be ready to pick up. It wasn't. They were very appologetic and we got a gift card from them so that was good. We also brought back two dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, and the hot sign was on!! We went to look at furniture at Ashley Home Furniture store. They promptly told us that they couldn't deliver to us in Banner Elk and that we would have to go to Hickory to order.

So Sunday we went to Ashley in Hickory and we ordered a new couch!! I'm so excited! It's a brown leather sectional (not a cheesy one) with a storage ottoman. I'll post pictures when it comes in. It should be here in 2-4 weeks.

And of course I have to include a new picture of Brunsie from the weekend. Because he is so darn cute and I take his picture whenever I get a chance. Sunday he was chewing on the tag on the bottom of a chair in the living room. He wasn't hurting anything, but the sound was getting on my nerves and the only way I could get him to stop was to turn the chair upside down. The next thing I know he had jumped up on the bottom of the chair to get to the tag. He is a persistent little thing! I couldn't get to my camera in time, he slid off pretty quickly. But I did get these little gems.